If you are unable to start Curse Client v5, and have been able to in the past, it may be due to a corrupt Microsoft ClickOnce app store. This is essentially the location on your hard drive where Windows caches per-user applications, such as Curse Client v5.
How to Fix a Corrupt Curse Client Install
- From the Windows Start menu > Accessories choose Run (Or Windows Key + R)
You can also type in "Run" into the search on the Start menu to pull up the Run option.
- Enter the following, depending on your version of Windows, then click the OK button:
On Windows XP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps
(e.g. C:\Documents & Settings\Username\Local Settings\Apps)
On Windows VISTA / 7: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps
On Windows 8: %appdata%\Local\Apps
On Windows 10: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps
- Delete the 2.0 folder
- Run or Install Curse Client v5
Note: You may want to also clear out your computers Temporary files as well. You can use a program such as CCleaner to help you with the.
How to fix a corrupt ASP.NET Install
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Computer
- In the finder textbox, enter the following:
WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
- Delete any files called "curse"
- Then run or install the Curse Client